Here's what to do to make your own....
YOU WILL NEED:
- 20mm bead
- 1 pipe cleaner
- Wool stuffing (small amount)
- Pure wool felt
- Embroidery cotton
+ for Hat: small amount of wool and 3.5 crochet hook
WHAT TO DO:
1. Cut the pipe cleaner in half and thread one half through the bead and twist together at the base - try and have the two ends the same length.
2. Spread out the ends - these will be the arms.
3. Fold the other pipe cleaner half in two, place it around the neck and twist a couple of times to keep it in place.
4. Bend the arms and legs in until they are the 'right' length and twist in place.
5. Lay your person onto paper and roughly draw around the outside - this becomes your pattern.
6. Use your pattern to trace and cut two bodies from the wool felt.
7. Starting at the neck blanket stitch around the arms and legs stopping under the second arm.
8. Wrap a small amount of wool stuffing around the arms and legs covering the pipe cleaners. Make sure you wrap well on the pointy ends.
9. Slip the wrapped person into the felt suit and stitch up the remainder of the arm to the neck. If needed, do a small running stitch around the neck and tighten.
10. Glue on a little hat - I crocheted one (pattern below) but you could make one out of felt too.
LITTLE MINI HAT Crochet Pattern
(this is simple but is my first crochet pattern - please let me know if it doesn't make sense)
1. Ch 3
2. 11 dc in first chain
3. Join to make a circle
4. Ch 2
5. sc next row and join circle
6. Repeat 4 & 5
7. end off
That's it - make and enjoy. Oh, and if you do make any, I'd love to see them.
Also don't forget that I'm having a giveaway of a kit that has all the things you need to make your own.
To look at more creative spaces and places, visit Kristy who's getting creative wit